What is Monday?
Monday was created to act as a cloud-based project management solution for companies for small to midsize businesses spanning across many industries. Mondays software helps companies manage their different projects as well as facilitate the sharing of knowledge among the company’s team members.
Not only Monday product management aids collaboration among employees which helps all the members of a project with their communication. It also helps in the creation of a knowledge base and shares all their files. Also images as well as designs, among other specifications.
Monday.com comes with a lot of integrations as well such as the following:
Users can also share specific information with all their external guests, for example, other stakeholders, clients, and freelancers.
Monday app utilizes the REST JSON API where users can handle all of their cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) requests, and developers also have the chance to customize the platform based on their needs. Monday task manager offers its services on a monthly subscription basis. The subscription includes support via phone, email among other resources online.
- Company: Monday
- Website: www.monday.com
- Founded in 2012
- Located in Tel Aviv, Israel
Key Metrics of Mondays Software
Helps everyone stay on the same page
Monday project management software allows its users across all departments to set up boards where they can highlight their major goals as well as projects for the next quarter.
All the members of the company can check this board to see what all the departments are doing. One can also check the current stage of the project as well. The manager also has access to visit one place to see where everything is at.
If someone or a task is stuck somewhere, it is easy to find it and if users go into the individual line item, the manager of the task or project can quickly message the responsible person for the task.
This way there is no need to call someone in for a meeting at all and managers do not need to find the person personally and ask them about the problem, allowing them to move on to the next item on their list of things to do.
Easy collaboration with freelancers and other third parties
If you have a smaller sized company and you choose to employ freelancers, Monday teamwork helps businesses create a board and they have full control over who has access to it.
Only the members who have access can see the board, not others.
Highly customizable interface for users
If there are companies that have a very specific project workflow, Mondays project allows them to create customized boards where there are Columns that signify all the different stages of the project. Additionally, if there are employees that do not work within the physical premises of the company, each stage can be created in relation to a different team.
You can set up boards for all your unique processes. Once the task at hand is finished, members can change the tile for it to ‘done’, so the next team knows it’s their turn to start work, and it continues till the project has been completed. This means that all aspects of communication and workflow get combined together under one single place where all team members get access to monitor them while they take place.
Monday management software also comes with a lot of unique capabilities that help in boosting the performance of any business, regardless of the industry it belongs in. It also has highlights which makes it a more preferred alternative to other similar platforms offering the same service.
From a company’s first encounter with monday.com’s private and shared boards, all team members are convinced that it was the right choice for their business.
Easy access & Constant monitoring
Monday resource management provides in-depth insights on all existing projects or tasks, including the overall company’s performance as per request. The main Board has all projects and tasks in one place and it connects them to the team members responsible as well as other parties who may be interested in tracking the project. You can monitor the performance of teams and individuals easily on Monday.com, something which saves managers a lot of time which they can use for more important operations.
A platform that can easily be tailored to needs
Monday system can be easily customized so users can configure almost any option. Monday com comes with custom sections and groups, based on the company’s rules and policies. Users can make any number of changes and the application will still follow each and every change systematically. If something does go wrong, Monday.com will know the cause behind it.
Focused on easy collaboration
The collaboration is monday.com’s strongest suit because if users want to discuss or change any action, all they have to do is to click on it. All collaborators can easily add comments to updates, or even ask questions and start and participate in discussions. Making the exchange of information process extremely easy. Users can also upload different types of files and leave various notes.
Always there for you
Monday pm software does not just provide assistance to premium users, it is available to everyone. Agents can constantly share their boards and issues on the platform and also offer innovations so that they can optimize the application fully.
Extremely suited for reporting and analytics
Monday inventory management has well-executed analytics and reporting. The application can collect and create relations with connected projects and tasks arithmetically, which means they are always kept organized and users can find them quite easily. The recorded history has clear and organized figures which can be translated instantly.
Monday.com has integrations that help it become part of any established software quite easily. It offers integrations with Dropbox, Zapier, and Google Drive, among other sharing and management tools, users can even build their own integrations.
The team of Monday aims to make automation simple, effortless, and affordable for all types of companies. To accomplish this, they provide a host of features as listed below:
- Monday.com acts as a tool for collaboration for multiple employees
- It is also a many-to-many communication tool
- The application gives its users a visual display of progress
- It has an Execution Board that comes with a big screen display
- Collaboration becomes easy with tag teams
- Communication becomes easy because you can tag people
- You can easily eliminate noise and get updates based on relevance to your project
- Get notified by email
- You can send updates via email as well
- It comes with a lot of integrations
- Monday.com also acts as a knowledge base with auto-generated, completely searchable, full documentation of the resources
- New employees that join the company can hit the ground running
- You have the ability to create both personal and public Boards
- It is possible to copy and paste from Adobe
- It is also possible to leave live comments on visuals
- The possibility of emails and meetings getting overhead is zero
A free trial is available for Monday.com
The Monday cost includes Basic is $39/month, the Standard plan is $49/month and the Pro plan is $79/month. For the Enterprise plan, you can contact the provider for details.
Basic – $39/month (billed annually)
The basic plan comes with 5 GB of storage for its members and has a simple search function. You can filter by a person as well. It has applications for both iOS and Android. Users can add unlimited boards. It also comes with two-factor authentication, as well as 24/7 email and phone support.
Standard – $49/month (billed annually)
The standard plan has all the features that come with the Basic plan along with 50 GB of storage and a crazy powerful search. You can filter your searches by anything. It also allows users to create their own account templates and add various updates via email. The plan comes with external integrations. Users can share their boards with guests but can add only a limited number of guests. It has a full API and a timeline.
Pro – $79/month (billed annually)
The pro plan for Monday.com comes with all the features from the Standard plan along with unlimited storage. You can add unlimited guests. It is also possible to create private boards, add tags, and detailed activity stats. It also has Google authentication. Users can customize their profiles.
Enterprise – Contact the provider
The Enterprise plan has all the features of Pro, along with a higher API rate limit. Users get VIP support along with an account manager, and one-on-one training for the application. It has two-factor authentication and advanced security features. The application has a Single Sign-On as well as an audit log.
Monday Pros and cons
Just like any other software, there are a few disadvantages to this tool too. Based on the Monday reviews shared by the Monday users, we have compiled a list of pros and cons.
- Using Monday for project management works well when it comes to creating boards and “pulses”, which are just tasks assigned to different people. Tasks can easily be broken down into different smaller tasks with different means where you can show progress.
- Clean interface and color coding within projects or boards. This makes processing information and giving updates a lot easier.
- The pulse boards are like a highly customizable Excel sheet where users can change the views to show the kaban view, timeline, or standard view. The boards are modular and work well for multiple teams that are working on different projects at the same time.
- The templates save users both time and work, making it easy to use for both beginners and advanced users.
- The notifications can be bothersome and can be changed by going to personal settings to shut them off.
- There is no way to share a pulse to another board, what users have to do is create the same pulse and put up individual updates to each one, which is a lot especially for teams who work on multiple projects at the same time.
- The implementation of Monday mobile apps for on-the-go collaboration is not great. The portrait view isn’t that easy to work with.
You can integrate the following tools to Monday:
- Facebook ads
- Microsoft Teams
Free Trial- Yes
Monday.com is a Cloud Hosted application. It also has an open API and comes with language support. It is available in English.
- Live Online
- 24/7 (Live Rep)
Awards/ Accolades/ Certifications Achieved By Monday
Monday analytics has been awarded a few awards over the course of 2019. Some of these accolades are:
- Best Project Management Software in 2019 by Finances Online
- Expert’s Choice Award in 2019 by Finances Online
- Great User Experience Award in 2019 by Finances Online
Here are some Monday alternatives Toolsmetric recommend you to see before opting this software for your business :
We have tried MANY project management platforms and for us to select monday.com says a lot about the product. We have a varied group of individuals within our marketing department using this tools to coordinate everything from our detailed printing requests, web and online projects to translation flow (very difficult to manage due to the many contributors involved in this process.) Monday.com makes all of this convenient and easy to follow.
- Its incredibly easy to create a work flow or "Board", add participants and follow the progress of many tasks with ease. We can attach any supporting files or materials needed to each post and tag a specific user. Email and desktop notifications alert you on any activity and there is a web based site you can go to or the even better desktop and mobile app versions.
- One of the few cons i can think of is the absence of a "repeating or scheduled task". I know there are ways around this but it seems like something that should be native to it.