Oracle Marketing Cloud is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution. It meets the needs of both the B2B and B2C marketer. Oracle Marketing Cloud was Oracle, Responsys, BlueKai, Compendium, and DataLogix previously. It is an email marketing automation solution. It can be used by companies of all sizes. It is best suited for mid-sized to large companies.
The app enables users to build targeted segments. One can also execute email campaigns. All this is done through a single platform. This solution also has lead scoring features, advanced reporting features, and analytics features.
Oracle Marketing Cloud can integrate with many sales automation systems. This includes Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. It allows the marketing and sales teams to communicate about the pipeline status. This is because of Oracle’s partner network of over 500 vendors. This allows companies to integrate any of the 700 applications. Oracle Eloqua is part of the Oracle Marketing Cloud framework. This allows its clients to integrate other applications within that framework, as well, like social media marketing or content marketing tools.
Oracle Marketing Cloud offers Twitter and Facebook integration. This gives added insight into the success of various social media campaigns are running. The software solution also offers a drag and drop interface. The interface helps in data normalization and transformation.
It tracks customers through all phases of the buying cycle. Marketers are enabled to create targeted campaigns through multiple channels. They can also track the campaigns and analyze their results using built-in analytical tools.
Eloqua was founded in 1999. It is a cloud-based marketing automation company that also provides revenue performance management solutions. It helps automate marketing workflows. It also helps sales and marketing teams grow their business and improve their revenue.
Eloqua was acquired by Oracle in 2012 and is now part of the Oracle Marketing Cloud family. In addition to Oracle Eloqua, there are five other solutions that Oracle Marketing Cloud offers to aid in the marketing cycle. The solutions include:
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Cross-channel marketing (Oracle Responsys)
- Data management (Oracle BlueKai)
- Marketing optimization (Oracle Maxymiser)
- Founded 1977
- United States
Key Metrics of Eloqua
Key elements of the Eloqua solutions include:
Eloqua is a comprehensive revenue performance management platform. It has the best-in-class functionality. It automates and optimizes complex marketing and sales processes across multiple channels. The software solution has the ability to track, capture and analyze a potential buyer’s Digital Body Language. This includes their preferences, behavior and decision making processes. This tracking helps organizations in scoring and qualifying leads more accurately and also helps in identifying high-quality prospects. This in turn shortens the sales cycles.
The application comes with comprehensive tools for marketing and sales performance reporting. It includes detailed dashboards that are created to meet the needs of executives. This is done by providing them with real-time insight. It is now possible for them to understand the impact of marketing and sales on revenue growth. This helps them measure operational efficiency.
The application comes with seamless integration with other key enterprise systems, including all leading CRM platforms. The Eloqua AppCloud is an open online marketplace. It allows customers to leverage third party applications that will help extend Eloqua’s platform capabilities. Eloqua AppCloud offerings help customers to better understand their buyers. It also helps users improve their engagements through additional channels. One can now manage, cleanse, and append data using Eloqua. It is also possible to collect event registration information and send reminders using the integrations that come with Eloqua.
- Marketing measurement functionality
- Dashboards and reports
- Benchmarking tools
- Access to the Oracle Eloqua Insight Reporter
- Lead management features
- Lead scoring
- Lead database
- Web marketing functionality
- Drip marketing
- Multi-channel campaigns
- Simple email campaigns with A/B testing
- Access to AppCloud
- Sign-on to Oracle Eloqua Social
- Targeting and segmentation features
- Unified marketing calendar
- Best practice templates and tools
- Basic security administration
- Mobile functionality
- Sales tools
- Notifications and alerts
- Access for up to 5 sales users to Oracle Eloqua Profiler
- Oracle Eloqua Engage
- Custom integration via API access
- Data import/export
- Integration to CRM systems
- Access to Oracle Eloqua Insight Analyzer for a single user
- Custom security administration
- Multi-lead scoring and advanced routing
- Event management module for marketing multiple events
- Digital advertising
- Full-link branding and deliverability (single link)
- Advanced data cleansing
- Integration to Salesforce
- Access for up to 10 sales users to Oracle Eloqua Profiler and Oracle Eloqua Engage
- Custom data objects and data tools via the Oracle Eloqua Data
- Tools Cloud Service
- Access to Oracle Eloqua Insight Analyzer for up to three users Oracle Cloud Priority Service
- Full-link branding and deliverability (three links)
- Sandbox test environment
- Access for up to 20 sales users to Oracle Eloqua Profiler and Oracle Eloqua Engage
Free Trial: No
There are three pricing tiers for Oracle Eloqua: Basic, Standard and Enterprise. Here are the details of each plan.
The Basic plan costs $2,000 a month for a database of up to 10,000 contacts. It supports up to 10 marketing users.
The Standard plan is priced at $4,000 a month for a database of up to 10,000 contacts. It supports up to 50 marketing users.
The Enterprise plan’s pricing is not specified; you’ll have to contact Oracle directly for a quote. It supports an unlimited number of marketing users.
Pros and cons
- Integrations – Oracle Marketing Cloud has a large range of great integrations with over 100 third party platforms.
- Well-designed visual campaign builder – Similar to Infusionsoft, Oracle Marketing Cloud uses a nice visual campaign builder that’s both intuitive and powerful to use.
- HyperSite builder – One of our favourite features in Oracle Marketing Cloud is HyperSite, which allows you to quickly build personalized microsites using dynamic user content.
- Reputation – Oracle Marketing Cloud is widely considered to be the most powerful marketing automation tool for enterprise businesses.
- Some users have reported that Oracle Eloqua’s email editor could be more intuitive and easy to use.
- Oracle Eloqua has a steep learning curve.
- There can be a long implementation process.
- Expensive – Starting at $2,000 / month, Oracle Marketing
- Cloud isn’t priced to be accessible.
- Users have to sign a long-term contract.
- Slow implementation time – Due to the types of organizations that typically use Oracle Marketing Cloud, implementation usually takes a long time.
- No integration with Google Adwords.
- Customer-facing quality – Many user reviews have noted a gradual decline in quality since Oracle acquired Eloqua and renamed it Oracle Marketing Cloud.
Oracle Marketing Cloud offers a variety of implementation services that include:
- Data model design for email marketing needs
- Content workflows and tracking (setting up specific workflows for a company’s content marketing practices)
- Web and mobile data management and integration (helping companies understand their data and how data fits into their marketing needs)
- Oracle Marketing Cloud onboarding
- Offline data onboarding (integrating company’s existing CRM, point of sale or other marketing data that’s offline)
- Oracle also offers its Education Pass option for Eloqua users. Priced at $3,495 per user annually, it offers beginners and advanced training on Eloqua as well as modern marketing practices. Users can opt to take on-demand video courses or participate in live training programs.
Product: Oracle Eloqua
Headquarters: Redwood Shores, CA
Deployment Model: Cloud
Free Trial: No
The same support team who supported Eloqua’s cloud services continues to do so today.
Oracle Support Hotlines and Support Contact Information
Each client has access to the Oracle Cloud Support that includes:
24/7 phone and online support
Ongoing monitoring of the software
Critical issue (indicated as severity 1) response within an hour
Assistance with any software upgrades
Oracle also offers an optional Cloud Priority Service that includes access to a dedicated technical account manager.
Users can access the dedicated help center to learn about new features and updates. They can also search the knowledge base for answers and there is a community forum where they can participate with other users.
The dynamics of sharing important publications and information allow us to have more connection with clients and colleagues, communication is vital in a good marketing campaign and Oracle Marketing Cloud fully provides all these services.
- It is a diversified social tool, it handles different applications allowing you to manage all the data and publications, in this way I do not have to access each one of them. It has very good features with a very complete API that also contributes with a unique and pleasant design and presentation. It is incredible how much can be done, take account management analysis, number of clients and people who interact in our networks in addition to comments or suggestions that may leave.
- As such, it is not easy to configure everything according to my preferences, nor to navigate in it. You would expect it to be easier to use because it is only about managing various social networks from this one, but it is not like that. Maybe you need a little intuition in the searches. Data updates take a lot of work to do and it can be tedious to do so because it gets a bit slow. The cost is not better for the functions that it provides and for the inconveniences that I could have to use it.