What is Salesforce ?
Salesforce is a financial reporting software that is built on an adaptive, global foundation. It provides organizations with financial management capabilities that can be expected from a salesforce cloud solution. It is more than just managing financial processes that will give greater insight, or improvement of financial consolidation, and the reduction time that is needed to close. Salesforce Workday instills internal control and audibility in the processes and helps achieve consistency across all global operations.
Salesforce CRM system supports all transaction processing, along with multidimensional reporting, consolidation, planning, and compliance. All this is done by using an in-memory and an object data model. Workday provides its users with a consistent user experience that is accessible from both desktop and mobile devices.
Salesforce Vendor Details:
- Company: Salesforce company
- Website: www.salesforce.com
- Founded in 1999
- The United States of America
- Founders: Halsey Minor, Marc Benioff, Parker Harris
Now that you know the top benefits and features of this software, let’s look at its pricing plans. Salesforce 360 offers different products such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Lightning platform, Einstein Analytics, and others. Based on the product you select for your business, you will be charged. One of the most common products is the salesforce inbox, which is used by most businesses. Mentioned below is the pricing plan for Sales Cloud specifically.
1. Salesforce Essentials at $25 USD/user/month
- Account and contact management
- Opportunity Management
- Customizable sales process
- Sales Teams
- Task Management, Activity feed
- Einstein Activity Capture
2. Lightning Professional $75 USD/user/month*
Everything included in the Salesforce Essentials, plus:
- Sales Console App (additional cost)
- Person Accounts
3. Lightning Enterprise $150 USD/user/month*
Everything included in Lightning Professional, plus:
- Sales Teams
- Calendar All
- Sales Console App
- Sales forecasting
- Real-time sales insights
- Company collaboration
4. Lightning Unlimited $300 USD/user/month*
Everything included in Lightning Unlimited, plus:
- Lead management
- Sales management
- Customer management
- partner extension
All of these plans will be billed annually. To know about the prices of other products, click here. If you want to combine two or more products and then get the pricing details, contact their team.
Salesforce Pros and cons
There are many Salesforce customers around the globe. And some of these users have shared their experience of using this software, both good and bad. Based on the user feedback, ToolsMetric has created a list of top pros and cons of using this software. Keep reading to find out what those are.
- Quick start: To use this CRM platform, you do not have to install any software. Also, there are no hardware requirements. By using this software, you can improve your business and make it efficient in just a couple of days.
- Simple to manage: According to many users, the salesforce CRM system is extremely easy to manage. Here, you will find all tabs are separated into varied categories. Some of these categories include Home, Accounts, Contacts, and Leads. Whichever feature you need to use, is extremely easy to find. Thanks to such good UI, you won’t have to spend too much time training your staff to use this.
- Salesforce Cloud: As this software is placed on the Cloud, you can bring your company wherever you are. This also means you need fewer resources in the office to look after your business and run it. Every employee in your company can use this software anytime and anywhere and contribute to overall productivity.
- Efficient Management: Using a salesforce trailheads, you can manage all the tasks efficiently. This includes tracking calls, emails, and more. By keeping track, you will get a better picture of your progress in all the pending and completed tasks.
- Expensive Customization: The pricing seems to be extremely affordable. However, to use the advanced features and customization options, you need to pay more. This turns out to be an expensive choice eventually.
- Complexity: Often, salesforce small businesses do not have dedicated teams to look after their sales and marketing. For such businesses, it can get difficult to use and understand such a powerful CRM platform.
- Complicated technical support: In case you have any technical doubts, it can get difficult to get support and even longer to solve a problem. Hence, many businesses prefer to work with third-party companies that offer technical support.
One of the best features of using apex salesforce is that you can connect it with other applications. This will make your work easier and more efficient. The following is a list of other business systems and apps, with which you can integrate Salesforce.
Free Trial- Yes
- Cloud, SaaS, Web
- Mobile – Android Native
- Mobile – iOS Native
- Business Hours
Awards and Accolades
By now you already know that this software is preferred by several businesses around the globe. Thanks to its comprehensive feature set, it has won many awards and recognition over the years. Along with being a good CRM platform, it is an amazing workplace to work. The following are some of its top achievements.
- Rated as Top CRM on the G2 Crowd Grid for CRM
- No. 1 CRM Software by Software Advice
- CRM Magazine’s best Enterprise CRM from 2009 to 2014
- #1 on the Fortune “World’s Best Workplaces” list
- First place on Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For” list
Here are some salesforce alternatives you can look before opting it for your business :
We're a union, so we have a little bit of a different situation than a lot of businesses who use Salesforce, but it's been incredibly helpful in allowing us to build an internal leadership structure where we can show the relationships between our members. It has also allowed us to track member activity & engagement in some very powerful ways, and to track the work of our organizers and representatives.
- Really allows you to track your customers/clients/members/leads and see the arc of their interaction with your organization. If you also use something like Pardot to manage emails and online forms, it will give you a complete life timeline for the individual and how they have interacted with you. Allows you to create a journey & experience based on their interactions with you and to give quick follow-up when someone shows signs of life.
- The only caveat here is that you have to be ready to use it. That means more than just having people trained in how to use the interface, but making sure everyone is on board for how this kind of data can and SHOULD inform and change how you interact with your clientele. If you're used to getting back to people within 24 hours, you need to be ready to shift that to 20 minutes. If you're used to treating everyone the same, you'd better be ready to create drip/nurture programs based on behavior.
- It has a steep learning curve. I've been using it for a couple of years now, and I know that I still have barely scratched the surface of what I could be able to do, but I don't have time to devote to just learning SalesForce when it's not my core job. Definitely recommended for larger orgs where you can have a team devoted to support. Also, I hate the way they continually try to sell you new add-ons to the core product.