CometChat Review: Read this in-depth CometChat review to learn more about its key features, pricing plans, integrations, and more.
What is CometChat?
CometChat allows users to swiftly add in-app video, voice, and messaging applications to their website and mobile applications.
The tool’s UI kits, APIs, and SDKs are secure, scalable, and very well documented. The platform also provides a very robust extension library that allows you to integrate with third-party applications and services easily.
Over 50,000 developers across the world use CometChat to serve customers from different industries including live streaming, edtech, and dating.
- Company: CometChat
- Website: https://www.cometchat.com/
- Country of origin: India
CometChat Key Features
Video and voice calling
Users can use CometChat to create 1-to-1 video calls and group voice notes similar to Whatsapp.
1-to-1 group text chat
Users can send 1-to-1 messages in groups in password-protected, private, and public conversations.
CometChat supports rich media preview panels for all the major sites.
Typing and reading indicators
Similar to how you can see if someone is typing on Instagram and Whatsapp, you can view if someone is typing while you are chatting with them.
Webhooks and bots
Send alerts or notifications to applications at any time a set event occurs. The automated bot software allows you to perform designated tasks in a timely manner.
CometChat Features Overview
- Video conferencing
- File sharing
- Customizable branding
- Mobile access
- Screen sharing
- Search bar
- Third-party integrations
- Video conferencing
- Two-way audio and video
CometChat offers three different pricing models for different types of users. CometChat pricing varies for application developers, event organizers, and SaaS platform integrators.
Only the pricing for App Developer is mentioned below.
Pricing for 1,000 active users.
- Chat and core features
- GDPR compliance
- Encryption in-transit & at-rest
Price: $399 per month
- All features of the Startup plan
- SMS notifications and email
- Stickers, message translations, reactions
- Moderation features
- Real-document and whiteboard sharing
Price: $749 per month
- All features Growth and Startup
- Voice transcription
- Polls and smart replies
- HIPAA compliance
Price: Custom pricing
- All features of Scale plan
- Shared, dedicated, or on-premise deployment
CometChat Pros and Cons
- CometChat can be easily integrated with Buddy Press and WordPress.
- The platform is easy to use and has a very short learning curve.
- It takes less than 5 minutes to setup the tool.
- The support team is patient, responsive, and provides timely solutions to customer queries.
- The customizable SDKs along with tons of other features make it one of the most appealing live chat software in the market.
- The pricing is on the higher end of the spectrum.
- Although the support team offers the right solutions, at times, it is slow to address all customer needs.
- The UX design needs to improve as it seems a bit dated.
- Due to a recent change in the business model, a lot of users have said that the plugins they used a while back are not supported anymore.
Free Trail – Yes
Free Version – No
- SaaS, Cloud, web-based
For 1,000 active users
- Startup: $149/month
- Growth: $399/month
- Scale: $749/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
- Small businesses
- Medium-sized businesses
- Large businesses
- Phone support
- Zoho Desk
- Bitrix 24
- Zoho SalesIQ
- Quiq Messaging
- ProProfs Chat
We hope you liked reading this CometChat review. Leave your comments and tell us about your experience while using the tool.