What is SendGrid?
SendGrid, cloud-based email marketing software effectively delivers over 18 billion customer engagement emails. The main purpose of building this platform is to make it easy for companies to send emails anywhere and anytime. With the SendGrid app, you will be able to improve their transactional and email marketing delivery and scale it to meet their changing requirements.
Want to know if this email marketing software suits your business requirements? Read the following in-depth SendGrid review by ToolsMetric. Here, you will learn about the key features, pricing plans, integrations, and much more about this email marketing tool. Keep reading to find out and make a well-informed decision for your marketing efforts.
- Company: SendGrid inc
- Website: www.sendgrid.com
- Founded in 2009
- United States
Key Metrics of SendGrid App
SendGrid automation is considered a leading digital communications platform globally today. It is used some of the biggest companies such as Spotify, Airbnb, UBER, and more. Wonder what makes SendGrid for startups the most preferred choice amongst the market leaders? The following are some of the top features of this tool, which users can’t help but love:
1. Optimize your email sending
Whether you are just starting out at sending bulk emails or are a veteran, the SendGrid SMTP team will be right at your service. The experts will evaluate your sending practices, resolve current email delivery challenges, and build an action plan for improvement. Once this is done, they will ensure that your email program is properly set up and you are ready to reap the benefits for your business.
2. Drive maximum business results
Isn’t it every marketer’s dream to get the best results for his email marketing efforts? This will now be possible with SendGrid marketing campaigns. You can use this platform to implement industry-leading email strategies, test and fine-tune your email program and get an in-depth analytics report. All of this will help ensure your email program evolves and drives maximum results for your business.
3. Get started on the right foot
Are you new to email marketing? The implementation specialists at SendGrid down will work with you through the setup process. This will help ensure that your email marketing program yields successful results and operates as expected. Here, this platform’s team will help you optimize your account SendGrid SMTP relay setup. They also configure your IPs to avoid delivery issues. Plus proactively monitor your account while ramp up sending, and more.
Email Management Features
- Email Monitoring
- Queue Manager
- Response Management
- Data Recovery
- Whitelisting / Blacklisting
- Signature Management
Email Marketing Features:
- Template Management
- WYSIWYG Email Editor
- Mailing List Management
- A/B Testing
- CAN-SPAM Compliance
Transactional email features:
- Template management
- Dynamic Content
SendGrid Pricing plans
Now that you know why so many businesses prefer this email marketing platform, let’s look at the SendGrid cost. This tool offers four pricing plans. The price of each of these plans depends on the number of emails you want to send and the number of people you want to send it to. Depending on the number the price of every SendGrid plan will differ. Also, the features of every pricing plan are different too.
Number of emails: 40000 for your first 30 days, and then 100 per day forever
Suitable for: Startups
- Core Email API Features
- Core Marketing Campaigns features
- Data-rich email activity feed
2. Essentials starting at $14.95/ month
Number of emails: 100000 emails per month
Suitable for: Marketing teams
Everything included in the Free plan along with more number of emails
3. Pro starting at $79.95/ month
Number of emails: 100000-1.5 million
Suitable for: Large enterprises
Everything included in the Essentials plans along with:
• Dedicated IP included
• Subuser management
Number of emails: Over 1.5 million
Suitable for: Well-established businesses
Everything included in the Pro plan along with:
• Customer success manager
• Prioritized support
To know the exact pricing structure for your business, click here!
SendGrid Free Trial
If you do not want to select a plan and pay yet, consider SendGrid sign in for their free trial. To start this, you need to create an account. The trial period will include the same features as mentioned in the Free pricing plan. Once you have tried and tested this software, you can choose a plan that suits your business requirements. To send emails with confidence, start your free trial here!
SendGrid Pros and cons
It is true that this email marketing tool is preferred by some of the biggest companies around the globe. And some of these users have some feedback to share about using this platform. Based on user feedback, ToolsMetric has created a list of top pros and cons of using this tool for your business. Keep reading to find out.
- Good functionality: According to users, the SendGrid handlebars functionality of this software is amazing. One can rely on this tool when it comes to sending mass emails.
- Easy-to-use notifications feature: Users have been using this feature for more than five years now. According to them, you won’t have to worry about changing the settings every now and then. Just adjust the settings and filters once, and you can look after other things.
- Good deliverability rate: One of the best parts of using SendGrid bulk email is its email deliverability rate. Just in case, your emails are not getting delivered, you can track them. Once you have these emails, you can resend them manually.
- Analytics: As a marketer, you might be worried about if your efforts are actually getting you good results. And that’s when the analytics feature comes in the picture. You can use this to track how your SendGrid marketing automation is performing and find ways to improve their performance.
- Poor UI: The dashboard of this email marketing platform can be better. At times, the color is so light it can get difficult to read the back-end.
- Poor capturing: This platform does not capture the sent emails. So you won’t have any idea about the emails you sent previously, and it can get harder to debug issues.
- Difficult to understand: SendGrid is perfect for the ones who have a sound technical background. For the ones who do not, it can get difficult for them to use and understand the functionalities offered by this platform.
Awards & Accolades
As you already know by now, this software is one of the industry-favorites. Thanks to its amazing team of marketing experts, it has won many awards in the last few years. These awards have not limited the software but also the company and its culture. Mentioned below are a few of its most recent awards:
- Winner of ‘a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award’ for being one of the best places to work in 2018
- Nominated in one of the World’s Best Cloud Companies by Forbes and Bessemer Venture Partners in 2016
The best part about these SendGrid APIs is that it can work well with your favorite apps and websites. This will help you get the most of your SendGrid SMTP setting. Mentioned below is a long list of tools you can connect with SendGrid Twilio integration. Find out if your most preferred tools are in here.
- Heroku SendGrid
- Microsoft Azure SendGrid
- SendGrid WordPress
- SendGrid django
- Hubspot Marketing
- Salesforce Pardot Marketing Automation
- twilio SendGrid
Now that you know the features, pricing plans, and integrations, let’s look at some of the technical details. Mentioned below are a few pointers that focus on a free trial, deployment, and more.
- 24/7 (Live Rep)
- Or mail SendGrid Team
Here are some SendGrid alternatives you can see before opting this software for your business :
The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance
- On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam.
- Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Unsubscribes, Spam Reports, Bounces, Blocks, Bounce Drops, Spam Report Drops, Unsubscribe Drops and Invalid Emails. SendGrid also provides stats such as: Global Stats, Category Stats, Category Comparison, Subuser Stats, Subuser Comparison, Geographical, Email Clients & Devices, Mailbox Provider Stats, Mailbox Provider Comparison, Browser Stats, and Browser Comparison
- The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste. I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on the side columns, with the write up in the center column. However, that couldn't be done (At least so far it seems so as I can't find any option to tweak the size/width of each column) as each column has an equal width.