What is Campaign Monitor?
Campaign Monitor provides simple and effective email marketing tools to design personalized, beautiful emails, and newsletters for customers. Businesses can easily automate their email marketing campaigns and measure their effectiveness with Campaign Monitor engagement segmentation. By using this software, you get to choose from various templates and try its unique drag and drop interface to grow and manage your subscriber database.
Want to know more about this email marketing software? We have got you covered. ToolsMetric in-depth Campaign Monitor review will give you a brief idea about this software, its features, pricing, and more. Keep reading to find out if this email marketing software is the perfect choice for your business.
- Company: Campaign Monitor pty ltd
- Website: www.campaignmonitor.com
- Founded in 2004
- Founders: Dave Greiner, Ben Richardson
- United States
Key Metrics of Campaign Monitor Email marketing
Some of the best marketers out there use this software and streamline their email marketing campaigns. Want to know what is so unique about this tool? The following are some of the key features of this tool, which make it the ‘most preferred marketing tool’ for businesses.
1. Design unforgettable emails
Very true to their tagline, you can use this tool to create and design emails that can stand out. This tool also offers a full-width email feature. With this, you get the ability to add a hero image go full width on any screen. This ensures your emails can now flow across different devices and sizes.
2. Save time with impressive templates
Honestly, who has the time to design and write an email from scratch? With this tool, you get ready-made responsive templates that are suitable for every size. Thanks to this feature, your emails will look great no matter where they are opened.
3. Dynamic content is the key
Your customers are probably receiving an email about the same product through 10 different websites. So how can you make sure your email stands out? Campaign Monitor dynamic content is the key. With this feature, you can swap out images or messages based on the individual subscriber. Say yes to personalized and effective messages, and no to old-school content.
4. Send it out at the right time
The right timing is the key to any campaign. And Campaign Monitor group messages to send it to the right people at the right time. With this tool’s email automation feature, you can send out messages whenever someone from your list is close to meet a trigger point. This includes joining your email list, subscribing to your newsletter, and more.
5. Make effective campaigns with A/ B testing
How do you know what encourages a customer to hit the click button? Is it your services or the way you present it? Is it the font, color, style, and design, or something else? With Campaign Monitor AB testing feature, you can see what works the best for your audience.
6. Analyse your campaign with Google Analytics Integration
How do track if your email marketing efforts are worth it? To evaluate the performance, you need to know the various details of your marketing campaigns. This includes knowing which campaigns lead to site visits, conversions, and sales. You can integrate this tool with Google Analytics to know all of this. Based on this data, you will know what is working and what you should avoid in your next campaign.
7. See your impact globally
One of the best features of this software is its Worldview. With this feature, you can see where people are opening your emails in real-time. You can also see where Facebook likes and Twitter comments are taking place. Thanks to this feature, you get a chance to know your subscribers on a more personal level.
Campaign Monitor Features
Email Management Features
- Email Monitoring
- Response Management
Email Marketing Features
- A/B Testing
- CAN-SPAM Compliance
- Customer Surveys
- Drip Campaigns
- Dynamic Content
- Event-Triggered Email
- Mailing List Management
- Template Management
- WYSIWYG Email Editor
Marketing Automation Features
- Channel Management
- Lead Nurturing
Campaign Monitor Pricing plans
Now that you know some of the key features of createsend Campaign Monitor, let’s look at its pricing packages and which one suits your business the most.
Campaign Monitor plans offers three pricing plans: Basic, Unlimited, and Premier. Each of these plans comes with a different set of features. Also, the prices differ depending on the number of people you want to send the emails to.
1. Basic- $29/month
Suitable for: Beginners who want all core features at an affordable price
- Core email marketing features
- Insights analytics suite
- Customer support via email
- Basic marketing automation
- 12500 emails across campaigns and automated emails
2. Unlimited- $59/month
Suitable for: Marketers who create frequent email marketing campaigns
Features, everything included in the Basics plan and:
- Unlimited emails across campaigns and automated emails
- Priority customer support via email
- Advanced marketing automation
- Unlimited inbox previews
- Time zone sending
- Unlimited spam testing
3. Premier- 149/month
Suitable for: Businesses who want to optimize their strategies for best results
Features, everything included in the Unlimited plan and:
- Premier phone and email support
- Advanced link tracking
- Template management for teams
Note: The pricing range mentioned above for each pricing plan is for a customer base of 0-2500 only. If you want to send emails to more people, you will have to pay a different price. Please visit their website for more details.
Campaign Monitor Free Trial:
If you want to see if this software is suitable for you, consider using it for free. Here, you just need to create an account without giving away too many payment details. Want to know what you can do with a free account? Read the following to find out.
- Create and send test campaigns and understand how reporting works
- Create smart transactional emails
- Set up and import subscribers list
- Create a subscribe form page
The best part of registering for a free trial period is that there is no fixed period. You have all the time to explore the features of this platform. Start a free trial here.
Campaign Monitor Pros and cons
There is no doubt that this marketing tool is one of the best options for those who want to ensure strong brand identity and great ROI. Like every coin has two sides, there are a few cons of using it as well. The following are some of the top pros and cons based on Campaign Monitor account users.
- Easy to use: According to many users this platform is easy to create, design, and track email marketing campaigns. Also, one can easily drag and drop emails from hundreds of templates available.
- Good support: Whenever a user reports an issue, the team responds at the earliest. This proves this platform has a good turnaround time.
- Several templates to choose from: Rarely, anyone has to worry about designing their own email layout. There are several professional and responsive templates for one to choose from.
- Poor customer support: While the customer support is amazing for the Premier plan holders, it is not the same for others. The basic customer support is pretty slow if you do not use an advanced plan.
- Complicated user-interface: Sometimes, it gets very confusing for users to understand how to go about the platform.
- Expensive: As compared to the other email marketing platforms out there, Campaign Monitor cost is a little expensive. Also, this platform charges you one on the number of your subscribers. Hence, you need to pay more.
Campaign Monitor Integrations
Mentioned below are some of the top apps and tools you can integrate this software with. Browse through to find out which one suits your company’s needs.
- Google Analytics
- campaign monitor WordPress
- campaign monitor Salesforce
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Join It
- Google Contacts
- Tactile CRM
- Fresh Relevance
- Flow XO
- Taxi for Email
Now that you know the features, pricing plans, and integrations, let’s look at some of the technical details. Mentioned below are a few pointers that focus on a free trial, deployment, and more.
- Monthly payment
- Large Enterprises
- Medium Businesses
Campaign Monitor Support
- 24/7 (Live Rep)
Campaign Monitor Competitors
Here are some Campaign Monitor alternatives we recommend you to see before opting this software for your business :
- Constant Contact
- Zoho campaigns
Top three Campaign Monitor Alternatives:
Aren’t you sure yet if this software is really suitable for your business? If yes, consider looking at the top three alternatives. This will help you get a better idea of what features different platforms offer.
1. MailGel Bolt
Marketers often use this software for creating effective email marketing campaigns. Just like Campaign Monitor, it offers drag and drop builder, Google Analytics integration, and a lot more. To know more about this platform’s pricing plans, click here.
To use this software, you need to connect with the free AWS account. Once you have an account, you can import subscriber lists, provide forms to collect more leads, and much more. This software makes it really easy for users to create separate lists. Based on these lists, you can send relevant content. Know about EmailOctopus’s pricing plans here.
The best feature of this tool is that it provides businesses with targeted marketing campaign expertise. Most of the other email marketing tools lack this functionality. With its editor, you can create and send well-designed newsletters. It is slightly on the expensive side but can guarantee you a good ROI. Learn more about this platform here.
I uploaded all 4800 or so email addresses to Campaign Monitor without a hitch, and Campaign Monitor clearly pointed out a few dozen "oops" emails I had mis-formatted, and I was able to fix all and add them back into the emailout effortlessly. When I wanted to send to the total list, instead of to four test email addresses, I found a helpful FAQ on the Campaign Monitor site which clearly walked me through how to resend to new subscribers---a vast difference from having to "Chat" on three separate occasions with the GetResponse team to help me with their less-user-friendly system (EVEN THOUGH I HAD USED GetResponse TWICE PREVIOUSLY)!
- Hard question to answer---Sorry, I have to say "EVERYTHING"! Worked well, priced me in cheaper local currency, fast sendout, very helpful tips on mis-formatted emails, phenomenal customer support, no login or password struggles...the list goes on (a double-entendre).
- Unsubscribe "Tag" added at the bottom of our emails was in a different font from the bottom portion of our emailout/newsletter---a minor point.