Hubdoc is an online cloud-based service and mobile app. It is used for digitizing financial documentation. The software is designed to alleviate data entry for busy business owners and bookkeepers. Hubdoc financial reporting software captures, processes and syncs precious information between leading accounting applications. All you have to do is simply snap paper invoices, bills or receipts using a smartphone or tablet camera.
The apps available for download for iOS or Android scan those documents and ready them for upload. There is single sign-in for associated online accounts. The app comes with the ability to import pre-existing scans via upload or email. This allows Hubdoc to automatically grab financial data.
Key Metrics of Hubdoc
Hubdoc extracts key information from your receipts, invoices, and bills. It eliminates the data entry process. There is no more filing.
All you have to do is take a photo of your receipt, invoice or bill with Hubdoc’s mobile app. You can even throw out the paper copy. Hubdoc scans, extracts and stores your documents, and keeps it ready to be published.
After you sign up, Hubdoc automatically creates a personalized email address just for you. All the user has to do is send the documents to the email address created, and Hubdoc will take care of everything else.
If you’ve already scanned your receipts, invoices, statements or bills, you can upload them to Hubdoc. The application extracts the key data for you. Hubdoc automatically pulls your bills and statements and stores them into one secure hub. This means there is one login available to view and manage the documents from all of your accounts.
Now, there is no need to log into ten different sites each month to gather your recurring bills. Add your accounts in a flash. Finishing up with the setup is a simple, one-time process. All that needs to be done is you have to search for your account provider and then enter your personal information. Hubdoc will then automatically pull your documents for you. Once you add an account, Hubdoc first downloads new bills. Then it proceeds to pull and store all past available bills. This is often over a year’s worth of documents.
With Hubdoc’s integration, it is now very easy to publish your docs and their data directly to accounting software like Xero, QuickBooks Online and Bill.com. You have to use Hubdoc’s Vendor Rules to automate how receipts, bills and statements are coded. Hubdoc acts like mission control for your documents. You can sync your bills, receipts and invoices and their data to your accounting software. It is possible to create rules to automate how your docs are published and coded.
Leverage Hubdoc’s integrations to keep everyone on the same page. No more data silos or documents getting stuck in wallets, inboxes or shoeboxes. It’s great for collaborating with bookkeepers, accountants and colleagues.
Thanks to the deep integration between Hubdoc and other add-ons, backup is automatic. Your documents are synced to your accounting software and you can also create copies in Box.
Hubdoc uses bank-level security to ensure your data is safe. There is 256 bit encryption, SSL/TLS and a Premium Extended Validation certificate. Along with all this, Hubdoc also monitors and verifies using McAfee & TRUSTe, the trusted industry standards in data security.
Hubdoc does not have the ability to make account changes of any kind. The application is granted limited access to your accounts, bills and statements. This means that no one can use the financial reporting software to access money or make changes to any of the accounts.
Hubdoc has features that automatically sort and organize all of your documents into searchable and customizable folders. This happens as soon as they arrive. There are no more more piles of paper or filing cabinets full of documents. One can also quickly search through all of the uploaded documents and find matching keywords or phrases, accountants and co-workers. This simplifies searches and makes it easy to find anything you are looking for.
Access all of your documents from anywhere in the world. Use your browser or download the app on either Android or iOS.
- Document Storage
- SSL Security
- Access Control
- Activity Dashboard
- Automatic Notifications
- Collaboration Tools
- Collaborative Workspace
- Communication Management
- Customizable Branding
- Drag & Drop Interface
- File Management
- Instant Messaging
- Permission Management
- Search Functionality
- Third Party Integration
back to menu ↑
- Starting from: $20.00/month
- Pricing model: Subscription
- Free Trial: Available (No Credit Card required)
- Free 14-day trial (no credit card required)
- $20 per month
back to menu ↑
Pros and cons
Hubdoc is a great all-in-one expense tracking/ document collecting software solution. Two great features for the accountant or bookkeeper.
No need to contact clients to request what a particular charge is because they can simply scan the receipt at the time of purchase, or forward the digital receipt to their specific email address. The software pulls the necessary information from the receipt and pre-populates an entry to the accounting software you have synced to their Hubdoc account.
Connection to banks and credit card companies
It is done by the automatic download of statements. Now there is no need to individually go to the client’s bank’s websites and manually download the statements for reconciliation. Hubdoc will grab them for you.
- Hubdoc will categorize an expense to push the charge as a bill/invoice or directly to a bank account into the accounting software.
- One negative feature is the inability to tag the bank accounts with the last four digits of the credit/debit card that was used so the Hubdoc can push directly to that bank account.
- We have to manually add the bank account to push the expense to.
back to menu ↑
- Box: Secure Content and File Sharing. Free Cloud Storage.
- QuickBooks Online: Small business accounting software
- Xero: Accounting Software for SMBs
- Bill.com: Magically Simple Business Payments
- QuickBooks: Accounting & business management for small businesses
back to menu ↑
- Cloud, SaaS, Web
- Mobile – Android Native
- Mobile – iOS Native
- Free Trial- Yes
- Business Hours
Time Saving , Reduces Errors, Allows me to work remotely. I love that I can access HubDoc wherever there is an internet connection and go through my invoices. The coding makes it so much easier and faster to get through a tedious task. I have integrated HubDoc with Xero and having both tools synced together means that I can handle 90% of the bookkeeping for my business remotely. I also really like that invoices are stored so that I can access then later and not worry about paper copies taking up space. The text recognition is pretty accurate and HubDoc learns as it goes - saving time and minimizing errors.
- I love that I can access HubDoc wherever there is an internet connection and go through my invoices. The coding makes it so much easier and faster to get through a tedious task. I have integrated HubDoc with Xero and having both tools synced together means that I can handle 90% of the bookkeeping for my business remotely. I also really like that invoices are stored so that I can access then later and not worry about paper copies taking up space. The text recognition is pretty accurate and HubDoc learns as it goes - saving time and minimizing errors.
- Sometimes HubDoc doesn't read certain fonts properly and contacts are recreated multiple times. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete duplicate contacts which clogs up the list. Occasionally, document uploads fail which can be a pain, but this seems to be fairly infrequent.