What is ERPNext?
ERPNext is an open-source enterprise resource planning software. It is a web-based platform aimed at helping businesses of all sizes with a number of operational functions to optimize efficiency within their workplace. This software assists company with accounting, project and task management, sales, purchase, inventory, customer relationship management, administration, human resource management, manufacturing, and more within a single interface. The software is available both in on-premise deployment and cloud-based options.
Use of ERPNext App
The software contains a variety of modules other than the usual functionalities carried by average ERP systems. These add-on characteristics include asset management, customer relationship management, manufacturing, and sales management solutions. ERPNext CRM is most suitable for manufacturing, retail, businesses in the services, distribution, education, non-profit, healthcare, and agriculture sectors. It offers extensive functionality that’s integrated into a single platform for easy management.
This system does it all from reviewing staff information, analyzing a company’s financial health, gauge employee performance, or even delegate tasks. It even allows users to monitor stock levels in real-time. Thus making it easy to ensure that the inventory is well-equipped to support day-to-day operations at all times.
For business convenience, ERPNext software supports both Linux and Web browser operating systems. A free trial of the software is available for those who want to test it first. Pricing is flexible with payment plans depending on the number of users. The cloud-based version of the software is priced on a per user basis.
- Company: Frappé Technologies
- Website: www.frappe.io
- Released in 2008
- United States
Key Metrics of ERPNext
ERPNext is an open-source enterprise resource planning platform targeted at enhancing businesses of all kinds and sizes. This flexible tool allows organizations to manage financial accounting, planning, and budgeting processes, among a list of it’s offering. Put simply, this ERP software proves to be much cheaper than most systems out in the market. Which solves the most talked about financial problems of a company. This software is said to be an ideal solution for small and medium enterprises because of its affordability. Plus, it is highly suitable for members of the manufacturing, retail, and distribution sectors.
Benefits of ERPNext
ERPNext community designed application for easy management, with extensive features rolled into a single solution. It supposedly eliminates the need for custom programming owing to its Model-View-Controller architecture and metadata modeling tools. The software is highly cross-compatible with other systems, making it usable with different solutions and devices. Its user interface is easy to understand, which guarantees to enhance productivity.
The true essence of the software’s capabilities is its multi-currency support accounting feature. This coupled with tax calculations, reports, and bank and payment reconciliation tools makes the solution an all-in-one accounting and finance tool. ERPNext forum on sales and customer relations management features are likewise equally impressive. The software generates reports for sales, quotations, management, and communication with current and potential clients.
To make tasks even faster, ERPNext latest version has the ability to create websites with its own product catalog and shopping cart. This proves to be a very useful feature for those who want to make use of the web for their marketing needs. Since the software can be deployed via cloud or on-premise, the usage of it is not at all limited. Its flexible pricing schemes are bound to cater to any small or medium-sized enterprise. This flexible and powerful tool can really benefit companies by providing them with their ERP needs.
Who can Use ERPNext?
The ERPNext website was primarily built for a manufacturing setup. This software allows us to set up a multi-level Bill of Materials. Planning materials and products based on BOMs and getting accurate profitability analytics to become simple. It also allows in managing other functions in an organization like Sales, Purchase, Billing, Order Tracking, and also generates your Website.
ERPNext cloud is ideal for distributors. It can track inventory accurately across multiple warehouses and retail outlets with open ERP software. Keeping track of serialized inventory for high-value items and manage warranties, service plans, customer issues, and much more is possible through this tool.
This tool is said to manage multiple retail outlets with the utmost efficiency and care. With ERPNext docs on web-based Point-of-Sale transactions, all retail outlets can be integrated into one application. With advanced features like serialized inventory, multiple currencies, and others, ERPNext an open ERP works great for retailers.
4. Services Providers
ERPNext online demo assists service providers to keep a proper check on their teams and customers. With ERPNext, a service organization can manage billing and accounts, projects and task, time logging, customer support, customer portal, website, and a lot more in one platform. ERPNext open source has many small tools for managing different teams all at once with functionalities that include Leave Application, Expense Claims, and more that are bound to save a lot of time and effort of users.
• Cross-compatibility • Flexibility • Comprehensive user interface • Calendar • Social network and messaging service • Built-in to-do lists and projects • Time log entries • Embedded reporting system • Multi-currency support
ERPNext costing offers the following basic and enterprise pricing options:
Self Hosted – Free
Small & Medium Business – $1.25/user/month (Annual Billing)
• Minimum of 3 Users • All Modules • 5000 Emails • 1GB Space/User • All Domains • Auto-Upgrades
• Priority Support • Automated Backups • Custom Domain • Bug Fix Guarantee • Mobile App
ERPNext For Enterprises – Custom Enterprise Pricing
• Unlimited Users • All Modules • Unlimited Emails • Dedicated Engineer • Unlimited Space • All Domains • Auto-Upgrades • Feature Development • Priority Support
• Automated Backups
• Custom Domain
• Custom Reports
• Bug Fix Guarantee
• Mobile App
• Custom Print Formats
ERPNext Pros and cons
- The software is extremely easy to use which proves as an advantage for users to adapt to it quickly
- ERPNext being open source in nature proves beneficial for a number of companies because of its transparency and is completely reliable
- This tool has a really good interface making the whole navigation process easier and faster
- The simple customization feature of this tool is one of it’s biggest pro’s
- This ERP software is actively maintained and well supported to help it’s users as and when required
- The deployment time of this software is quicker than all of its competitors thus getting preferred over others
- The manufacturing module needs better improvement for a clear understanding
- Documentation can be further improved, especially the documentation of the frappe framework on which ERPNext latest version is built.
- No proprietary dependencies can be put into core product. Not suitable for anti-free software companies.
Integration with Other Tools
- Google Calender
- Spark Post
- Annual Subscription
- Small Business
- Large Enterprises
• Cloud Hosted
Support Provided by Tool
- Live Support
- Off-site Support
Here are some ERPNext alternatives Toolsmetric recommend you to see before opting this software for your business :
- Very very low cost if you can implement and host it yourself. We have hosted it on AWS and for the price of just the AWS infrastructure you have a world class system at your beck and call. We have been using it for the last 2 years and run our small company (20 people) on this system for everything from purchase-to-pay, order-to-cash, accounting, payroll and HR, inventory etc. It is also available as SaaS for a very reasonable price/seat. The system is comprehensive and very thoughtfully designed and actively developed. It addresses country specific requirements for the most part.
- The upgrades are a bit difficult for someone who is non technical. New feature requests usually are addressed but needs external funding/support as it is open system and developed by the community. Best way to use it after evaluating if viable for your business (by trying the 30 day trial on the cloud) is probably as SaaS.