What is Acumatica?
Acumatica is a cloud-based ERP software that offers a wide range of features and tools for organizations that cater to various industries. It’s a complete solution for automating all your business operations. Acumatica software is specially designed for manufacturing businesses that are looking for a universal operational solution. It is a flexible,easy-to-use software that supports a variety of manufacturing processes. Acumatica cloud ERP solution offers a platform that has been designed for mid-size customers with a complete, real-time view across the business.
The Acumatica ERP suite of integrated business management applications includes financial management and multi-company accounting, time and expense, manufacturing planning and control, construction, distribution, services, retail, e-commerce, project accounting, and customer relationship management (CRM). All the software capabilities are fully integrated and built using standard Microsoft tools. It also comes with features such as approval workflows, self-service reporting, and document management.
Users can now customize their workspace and dashboards with the Acumatica portal. The ERP tool offers a licensing model that is based on the resources required by businesses. The efficient platform can be installed on-premise or hosted in the cloud.
- Company: Acumatica inc
- Category: Enterprise Resource Planning Software
- Website: www.acumatica.com
- Founded in 2008
Founder: Serguei Beloussov
- United States
Key Metrics of Acumatica ERP
Acumatica ERP system is a leading provider of cloud ERP and Cloud accounting software for small and mid-size businesses as well as non-profits. The tool’s web-based ERP applications are built on top of its CRP platform which has been developed internally. The software can be deployed on-premise, hosted in a data center, or even run on a cloud-computing platform. Acumatica cloud can be subscribed to or licensed as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution. One of the best features of this software is the workflow automation that it brings to an organization’s structure. Businesses can now control all their workflows from a single location and also view the performance of their system using the information gathered by the ifs Acumatica from various business locations.
The Acumatica system is quite a flexible ERP software solution. Since it targets several industries. It can be customized to adapt to any major or subtle changes required by a business. Users can add capabilities like CRM and data visualization. They can also integrate with other software solutions that lie outside the ERP system. Thanks to the inventory control option with the Acumatica customer portal, users can seamlessly manage and track all their inventory items. It ensures that users are never out of stock and enables smooth business operations. This is important, especially for service and retail companies, where an inventory control module is essential.
Acumatica ERP works with all devices. Since it is cloud-based, users can access their business from any location, however remote. This makes it easier to keep a close eye on key business operations all day long. Through intuitive analytics and reports, users can now monitor their business performance. This enables them to make productive and sensible decisions based on helpful analytics. With Acumatica eqt numerous flexible reporting tools, businesses can easily analyze operations which ultimately leads to smoother workflows.
- Journal Entries
- Audit Trail
- Invoice Customization
- Accounts Receivable Automation
- Collections Automation
- Accounts Payable Automation
- Payment Processing
- Inventory Ordering/ Tracking
- Costing and Pricing of Inventory
- Inventory Reporting
- Custom Reporting
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Output Document Generation
- Data Export and Import Tools
- Dashboards (User defined)
- Manufacturing Management
- Financial Management
- Advanced Distribution
- Advanced CRM
- E-commerce integration
- Report Writers
- Project Accounting
- Commerce Edition
- Field Services Management
- SaaS and On-Premise Switching
- Advanced Accounting
- Inventory Control
Click here to know more about the Acumatica device hub.
- Free Trial Available
- Quote-based Plan
- Software licensing options:
- SaaS Subscription
- Private Cloud Subscription
- Private Perpetual License
Acumatica Pros and cons
Acumatica cloud software is a widely-used enterprise resource planning software. The dynamic tool has some unique features and is famous for its integration abilities. While the Acumatica pros outweigh its cons, there is still room for improvement.
- Easy navigation
- A browser-based application which makes it easy to use mobile devices
- Non-user-based pricing that easily accommodates growing companies
- Excellent reporting
- Runs on different databases
- Available in the hybrid cloud as well as on-premises deployments
- Offers a centralized management system that enables the control of corporate data in a single system.
- Provides flexibility to choose where the software is deployed–internally or through Acumatica as a SaaS offering
- Outside-the-office program access via any device supports a modern web browser.
- Improved visibility for reporting data through Acumatica’s intuitive dashboards and customizable UI screens.
- Ability to add custom capabilities through the Acumatica Framework for the development of customized business applications.
- Some Acumatica customers are able to use the customization tools, but many require help from customer support
- Pricing can be confusing
- Requires plenty of developer involvement for the customization of views, attributes, etc.
- Still requires more advanced reporting features
- Only the minimal reporting option is available
- Third party VAR modules are much harder to coordinate
- The upgrades are too frequent and expensive
- Several bugs
- Produces multiple negative times
- Reporting and getting to data can be problematic for users
Acumatica offers integrated solutions with its technology partners. It provides various extensions under the Acumatica Solution Catalog is a service to assist our business customers Here are some of Acumatica’s notable integrations:
- Credit Card Processing Integration: Century Business Solutions and American Payment Solutions (APS)
- Document Management Solution: UnForm
- EDI Service Provider: B2BGateway, SPS Commerce
- JAAS Advanced Manufacturing Software (JAMS)
- Magneto/ Acumatica Connector
- Product Configurator
- Retail Management Solution: Fusion Software
- Smart Process Supply Chain Platform: Edisoft
- Spitfire Project Management System
- Velixo Excel-based reporting for Acumatica OData
- Warehouse Management Solution: Fusion Software, Savant Software
Click here to know more about Acumatica ERP’s integration with other tools.
- Large corporations
- Medium Enterprises
- Small Businesses
- Cloud Hosted
The Acumatica Self-service Customer Portal offers a primary hub for businesses to connect with the latest educational and support content. It also acts as a gateway to the Acumatica community of customers for users to share ideas on mutual topics of interest. Acumatica provides registration, self-service, as well as community-driven support at no additional charge.
- Product downloads
- Latest product documentation
- Searchable knowledge base
- Product suggestion voting and submission
Customer Direct Support
Acumatica ERP provides three levels of technical support and product support:
- Standard Support
- Premier Support
- Technical Support
The additional support offered by Acumatica is listed below:
- Acumatica Annual Summit
- Acumatica Overview Videos
- Open University
- Community Forums
- Product Tour: Click here to know more
- Request a Demo here
- Email Support: email@example.com
- Phone Support: +1-888-228-8300
- Request more information here. https://www.acumatica.com/request-more-information/?r=34578
Click here to learn about support at Acumatica.
Awards/ Accolades/ Certifications
- CRN 2018 Cloud Computing Partner Program Guide
- SIIA CODiE Awards: Best Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Solution and Best Manufacturing Solution
- Channel Chiefs By CRN 2018: Geoffrey Ashley, Vice President of Partner Strategy & Programs
- Mag Editors’ PC Choice: 2018 Best Inventory Management Software
- 2018 CRN Partner Program Guide: Winner of 5-Star Program Award
- Women of the Channel 2018 By CRN: Kathy Visser-May Chief Marketing Officer
- 2017 SaaS Awards: Best SaaS Product for ERP
Here are some Acumatica alternatives Toolsmetric recommend you to see before opting this software for your business :
Top Acumatica Alternatives
SYSPRO is an ERP solutions software that supports the integration, control, and synchronization of manufacturing processes for both long and short-term production runs. The software offers both on-premise and cloud-based deployment. SYSPRO provides useful features such as master planning, forecasting, capacity planning capabilities, and materials requirement planning. It helps in the planning, scheduling, and management of production. SYSPRO has a highly-developed scheduling functionality.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an ERP solution built for small and mid-sized enterprises. The software offers specific functionality for the distribution, retail, manufacturing, and other industries. Initially developed by the Danish company Navision A/S, it was later acquired by Microsoft in 2002. Microsoft Dynamics NAV can be deployed on-premise or through the cloud. ERP software can easily adapt to suit the specific business needs of any industry. It also provides features such as sales and service, project management, supply chain, business intelligence, manufacturing, reporting, operations, as well as financial accounting and management.
ERPNext is an open-source enterprise resource planning software. It is a web-based platform aimed at helping businesses of all sizes with a number of operational functions to optimize efficiency within their workplace. This software assists company with project and task management, accounting, purchase, inventory, customer relationship management, sales, human resource management, manufacturing, administration, and more within a single interface.
The software is available both in on-premise deployment options and cloud-based. The software contains a variety of modules other than the usual functionalities carried by average ERP systems. This add-on characteristics include asset management, customer relationship management, manufacturing, and sales management solutions. ERPNext is most suitable for businesses in the services, manufacturing, retail, distribution, healthcare, education, non-profit, and agriculture sectors. It offers extensive functionality that’s integrated into a single platform for easy management.
Acumatica enterprise scalability, intuitive design, and flexible pricing model help make the software an excellent choice for businesses requiring enterprise resource planning. It also offers helpful features for inventory management and general ledger accounting. Thanks to its robust reporting, easy-to-follow navigation, as well as a flexible pricing model, Acumatic is a great choice for small and midsize enterprises.
Designed to be a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application, Acumatica demo promises and delivers an excellent option for businesses needing a scalable financial and ERP platform. It is a well-designed and structured app that features modular architecture. Acumatica cost mainly targets general ledger accounting, ERP as well as inventory management. The software’s browser-based user experience is outstanding, with a feature-rich environment that is easily accessible via an intuitive user interface.
We asked Acumatica to automate time tracking for people working in the field. They listened and delivered the Acumatica Project Accounting Suite that allows us to accurately track project profitability. Ease of use, great dashboards, powerful technology, easy to integrate, and easy access to data.
- Acumatica is a very scalable solution. I love the fact that our business can grow and we can scale this product with our business. GAAP Accounting hasn't changed in ages, so what Acumatica brings to the table are new technology and robust functionality. I love the fact that all of our users can have access to the system with custom user roles. The network of connected applications continues to grow, making it easy to integrate with Amazon, Concur, and Docusign (among many others). Lastly, unlimited user licensing is incredible. This allows our company to grow without paying a penalty for growth.
- There is very little about this product that I don't like. Acumatica only sells through a channel of partners. This is great if you find a competent, high-performing partner. If not, you may not take full advantage of everything this product has to offer. Make sure that you vet the partner you do business with just as much as the feature functionality.