Want to know everything about the IFS ERP system? Read our comprehensive IFS software review to get answers to all your questions about how this ERP solution is the right choice for your business.
What is IFS ERP?
IFS is a cloud-based ERP system that assists businesses to collate data and processes across different departments and locations. IFS includes functionalities for Enterprise Asset Management, Enterprise Project Management, and Service Management
IFS is a unique enterprise resource planning (ERP) software and extremely easy-to-use unlike some ERP suites available in the market. The IFS ERP system is specifically designed to help businesses adapt to new technologies and evolving market landscape. It provides users with end-to-end enterprise asset management.
Some of the capabilities of the IFS ERP System include:
- Human resource management
- Financial management
- Project tracking
- Supply chain management
- Inventory management
- Document management
- Business Process Control
The ERP can be customized according to the requirements of different industries and provides the right solutions even in the most demanding settings. It is an extremely agile solution that can quickly adapt to your business needs. Customized modules are available to users which allows them to add new components as and when their requirements change.
- Company: IFS AB
- Website: https://www.ifs.com/corp/
- Founded in 1983
- Country of origin: Sweden
IFS ERP Features
Every IFS solution has different components. Here, we have highlighted the main ones below:
The Financials solution comes with multiple handy features which include accounts payable, invoicing, business planning, project finance, general ledger, fixed assets, and cash flow. The integrated ledgers allow users to audit and manage the entire account cycle.
The visual and graphically appealing dashboards provide each user a role-based view of key data.
The Engineering solution provides features such as engineering change management, commissioning, product data management configurations, and project deliverables.
Human Capital Management
Some of the key features included in the HCM solution include payroll, self-service, attendance and time, employee development, expense management, and health and safety. Users can create a global data vault for all users working in a company or group of companies. The HCM solution filters the most relevant information to ensure optimum decision-making.
Customer Relationship Management
The Customer Relationship Management solution enables users to boost customer satisfaction. The IFS customer relationship management allows users to:
- Get a complete picture of the pipeline and connect with prospects
- Save time and resources due to an embedded solution that integrates all the core business functions and data
- Communicate on popular platforms with Microsoft Outlook integration
Project management is one of the most important features of the IFS ERP system. The software allows users to unite various steps within a project lifecycle and manage different phases of the project such as tendering, estimating, engineering, planning, cost control, and more. The ERP also adds real-time activity data directly into the project plan.
The IFS ERP is an ideal solution for manufacturing environments wherein heavy traceability is required such as food & beverage, aviation, and defense. It provides users complete control of the entire production cycle across different manufacturing modes.
The manufacturing feature allows users to:
- Reduce production costs
- Maximize material availability
- Manage sustainability throughout the production process
Supply chain management
The supply chain management feature is a critical component of the IFS ERP system which provides robust logistics solutions in challenging environments. The solution has the capability to manage multiple currencies, languages, and sites on a single platform.
This feature allows users to:
- Share an overview of business data
- Optimize warehouse operations and space with an integrated warehouse management system
- Improve customer service
- Minimize administrative costs
- Simplify order and returns management
IFS ERP Pricing
IFS has not disclosed its pricing details publicly. You can get in touch with them directly for a quote.
IFS ERP Pros and Cons
- Good vendor relationship: The vendor relationship is excellent. Users have enjoyed the user group meetings which address doubts related to the product.
- User-friendly: The IFS ERP system is user-friendly and packed with multiple features for players across different industries.
- HR and Finance module: IFS is one of the few ERP software that provides HR and finance modules.
- Live dashboard: The live dashboard allows users to see data on one page and can be customized easily.
- Open source: IFS is an open-source software which makes it extremely secure and safe
- Cost: Although the cost has not been disclosed to the public, users have complained about the costs being on the higher side.
- Customization: Low customization options
- User interface: Users have mentioned that the user interface is hard to use and very often generates error messages that are not easy to understand.
- Technical support: Technical support needs improvement
- Lack of information on the net: Users have had a hard time finding information about the software on the search engines
- Search queries: Search queries take a very long time at times
- Searching past data is not very easy
IFS ERP Integrations
Some of the most frequent business integrations include:
- Oracle EBS
Free trial: IFS does not offer a free trial
- Installed – Windows
- iOS – iPhone, iPad
- Technical remote courses
- Small-sized industries
- Medium-sized industries
- Large-sized industries
- Quote based
IFS ERP Support
- 24/7 Customer support
IFS ERP System Alternatives