Pilot Reviews 2021: Read this in-depth tool review to discover the key features, pricing plans, integrations, and more.
What is Pilot?
Pilot is a cloud-based platform that allows companies with their payroll management. In addition, users can also streamline their benefits management and compliance for international teams.
It offers a bunch of useful features that make it easier to pay your international employees. Companies can easily onboard and pay international employees through this secured cloud platform.
You can pay contractors in more than 180 countries at the best exchange rate without markup. International contractors can enjoy the same payroll experience as employees in the U.S.
The tool addresses key areas such as tax withholding, employment paperwork, and more.
- Company: Pilot
- Website: https://pilot.co/
- Country of origin: United States of America
Pilot Key Features
Users can pay their international contractors with a single click. You can set up payments across the world without having to pay additional wire fees. It provides all the tools you need to ensure paying your international workforce is as easy as paying your employees in the U.S.
The platform also supports local currency payments and bank transfers in more than 70 countries. In addition, all payments are made directly to the contractor’s bank account without any hassle or withdrawal fees of an e-wallet.
You can hire global talent without setting up local entities. Users can streamline their hiring process by using the platform as their employer of record. The platform takes care of compliance, benefits, and payrolls for companies.
Strengthen your hiring capabilities and onboard employees from over 130 countries without any roadblocks. The platform also takes care of payroll tax filings, pension contributions, and other critical requirements.
Store employee documents in a single location and make the most of the pre-built expense management feature to process expense reimbursements.
The tool automatically collects tax forms from contractors and also handles mandatory filings for employees. It collects and stores W-8 and W-9 forms from team members. The tool also prepares and files 1099 for your organization.
Pilot enables you to create country-specific intellectual property and work classification laws. Besides, the tool makes it extremely easy to onboard your international employees with localized contracts.
The multi-layered security process ensures that data remains safe. The company relies on regulated financial institutions to process payments. Every company that uses Pilot is vetted during the onboarding process to verify their identity.
Pilot Features Overview
- Benefits management
- Compliance management
- Direct deposit
- Document management
- Compensation management
- Employee database
- Employee profiles
- Payroll management
- Payroll outsourcing
- Tax compliance
- Vacation tracking
- Self-service portal
Check out Pilot’s pricing plans for employees and contractors below.
Price: $29 per month/contractor
- 70+ local currencies
- Local compliant contractors
- Health insurance available
- Payment in 180+ countries
Price: $699 per month/employee
- Hire talent from more than 130 countries
- No setup fees
- Locally compliant contracts
- No need to set up local entities
Pilot Pros and Cons
- The platform has a smart, easy, and well-designed user interface (UI).
- The customer service team is very responsive.
- It is very easy to add and remove bank accounts.
- It is easy to hire employees or contractors from any part of the world as the tool takes into account tax implications and the regulatory landscape before hiring them.
- It is one of the best platforms to assist offshore companies to pay their contractors.
- It is difficult to add a contractor and pay them immediately in the current or next cycle.
- The lag time between onboarding a contractor and paying them can be a bit frustrating.
- There is no functionality that allows users to find dismissed contractors.
- Payroll is not auto-generated and the scheduled payments cannot be customized
- Setting up an account can take longer than desired.
Information is not available.
Free Trial – No
Free Version – No
- Cloud, SaaS, Web-based
- Live online
- Small businesses
- Medium businesses
- Large businesses
Pilot pricing plans
- Contractors: $29 per month/contractor
- Employees: $699 per month/contractor
- Knowledge base
- Phone support
- Paychex Flex
- Bamboo HR
- Sage People
- UKG Pro
- Ceridian Dayforce
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- G2 Deals
- Workday HCM
- ADP Vantage HCM
- Unit4 ERP
- Papaya Global