Looking for an unbiased Melio review? Read more to understand its key features, pricing, integrations, and other specifications.
What is Melio?
Melio is an easy-to-use accounts payable software that is primarily developed for small businesses.
The platform enables small businesses to improve their B2B payments experience and also improve their cash flow. Besides, the software cuts down the mundane financial tasks and ensures users can focus on other important activities.
The software allows users to pay their bills via debit card or bank transfer for free. The platform also mails or deposits your checks to vendors without charging a delivery fee.
The tool is packed with payment scheduling features that allow you to set up automatic payments. At present, the services are only available to small businesses based in the U.S.
- Company: Melio
- Website: https://www.meliopayments.com/
- Founded in 2018
- Country of origin: United States of America
Melio Key Features
Bill and vendor details management
With this software, users can seamlessly add new vendors and bill details by clicking pictures of their invoice or uploading an invoice.
In addition, you can also enter information manually or connect Melio to QuickBooks Online to automatically sync accounts payable data.
Users have a wide range of payment options to choose from. These include debit cards, credit cards, and bank transfers (ACH).
Payments that are processed via bank transfers are completely free, while credit card payments will cost a 2.9% transaction fee.
The payment scheduling features ensure that you do not miss any payments and avoid the corresponding penalties.
This feature is handy for users who have to make recurring payments for insurance, rent, utilities, and taxes.
The platform allows your customers to pay you via a bank transfer or card without any charge. You are required to sign up to get your own payment link, which your clients can use to make payments without any bank details.
Your users do not have to create a Melio account to send their payments.
Melio Features Overview
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Approval process control
- Billing portal
- Cash management
- Client management
- Expense tracking
- Fraud detection
- Invoice processing
- Online payments
- Project billing
- Recurring invoicing
- Self-service portal
- Vendor management
- Price: Free
- Credit card payment fee: 2.9% per transaction
Melio Pros and Cons
- Ease of use
- The platform minimizes manual tasks, which saves time and boosts productivity
- Melio can be seamlessly integrated into a host of leading accounting solutions
- Clients and customers can pay via a credit or a debit card without creating an account on Melio
- One of the most affordable ways to send ACH payments
- Speed of payment
- Customer service
- Integration with Quickbooks is a bit clunky
- Users have requested more transparency regarding communication about incoming payments
- The notes field requires improvement
- The workflow required to add new vendors needs to be improved
- The platform cannot make international payments
- The onboarding process can be simplified
Free Trial – No
Free Version – No
The vendor does not provide any training. However, you can seek answers to all your questions via customer support.
Melio pricing plans
- Help center
- Live chat
- OnPay Solutions
- Accounting Seed
- Sage Intacct
- SAP Concur
- QT9 ERP
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Did we cover all the key features in this Melio review? Drop your comments below and tell us what you like about this platform.