Read ToolsMetric’s in-depth Tableau review to find out more about its features, costs, deployment, specification, and integrations.
Use the comparison feature to compare the costs, features, and other parameters of different tools and find the right business tool for your business.
What is Tableau?
Tableau is one of the world’s leading visual analytics platforms that continues to improve and transform how businesses use data.
It is a cutting-edge platform that empowers people and businesses to make the most of their data. The tool enables businesses to be more data-driven as it simplifies data management.
The analytics platform allows businesses to explore, understand, and share data. It is a flexible end-to-end analytics software that can be used by users from different walks of life.
Tableau is used by businesses, teachers, executives, students, data scientists, and analysts.
The vendor has consistently invested in research and development to develop cutting-edge solutions for individuals who work with data.
The company was acquired by Salesforce in 2019.
- Company: Tableau Software
- Parent company: Salesforce
- Website: https://www.tableau.com/
- Founded in 2003
- Country of origin: United States of America
Tableau Important Features
The software is a top choice for business intelligence among players from different industries.
Intuitive user experience
It is a user-centric platform that takes data analysis to the next level. The tool paves the way for endless data exploration with visuals without breaking the flow of analysis.
Tableau offers role-based licensing and thereby fulfills the requirements of different users. The vendor’s innovation in augmented analytics is extremely useful for everyone from business owners to data scientists.
Users can access and uncover data faster than ever with machine learning, natural language, and smart data prep.
The software enables users to integrate their existing technology systems with it and fuels their growth in tune with the evolving data landscape.
It provides users a plethora of alternatives to use analytics and connect their data from various sources.
Governance and security
The platform ensures that user data is secured with its enterprise-grade security and governance framework.
Self-service data prep
Tableau Prep offers a visual alternative to integrate, shape, and clean data and also automate data preparation flows which enable users to analyze and access data faster.
Powerful monitoring and management
Deployment, scaling, and monitoring the software are extremely easy. Users can effortlessly manage and track content, users, licenses, and performance.
Users can manage permissions for data sources and content and also assess the usage.
Dashboard starters are primarily developed to help users make most of their data with visual analytics. Users can make use of pre-built dashboards to connect to a range of popular web applications.
Tableau Feature Overview
- Share dashboards
- Mobile-ready dashboards
- Create “no-code” data queries
- Automatic updates
- Tableau Public for data sharing
- Import all ranges and sizes of data
- List of native data connectors
- Embedded dashboards
- Metadata management
- Serve REST API
- Security permissions at any level
- Creative interactive dashboards
- Data notifications
- Email management
- Reporting & analytics
- Task management
Tableau Cost and Pricing
Price: $70 per month
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Online
- Tableau Server
For teams and businesses
Deployed on-premises or public cloud
Price: $70 per user/month
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Prep Builder
- Tableau Server
Price: $35 per user/month ($42 if fully hosted by Tableau)
- Explorer license for Tableau Server
Price: $ 12 per user/month ($15 if fully hosted by Tableau)
- 1 viewer license for Tableau Server
Tableau Pros and Cons
- Can be connected to almost every database
- Different types of charts can be created
- Dashboards can be accessed and viewed on different devices
- Has one of the cleanest and intuitive reports
- Short learning curve to understand the basic functionalities
- Advanced visualization capabilities
- Ability to deploy on-premise and on cloud
- Easily integrates with Salesforce
- Finding data can be a bit time consuming
- Users have complained about being charged for code lines and linking the tool with other systems
- Training and support needs improvement
- There are times when logged information is not saved
- Does not sync with external data from the Salesforce system
The software seamlessly integrates with:
- Microsoft Excel
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon Athena
- Google Analytics
- Google Sheets
- Google BigQuery
- Microsoft SQL Server
Free Trial – Yes
Free version – Yes
- Free training videos
- Learning paths
- Instructor-led training
- Live Online
- Medium-sized businesses
- Large businesses
Tableau software cost
- Creator: $70 per user/month
- Server: $35 per user/month
- Viewer: $12 per user/month
- Email/help desk
- Knowledge Base
- Phone support
- 24/7 (live rep)
- Qualtrics Research Core
- OpenText Magellan
- Qlik Sense
- Alteryx Designer
- Big Data