This in-depth PolyPM review will throw light on the important features of the software. Along with the features, this review also covers its pros and cons, integrations, specifications, and alternatives.
Compare similar tools on the ToolsMetric website to pick the best solution for your business.
What is PolyPM?
PolyPM is an easy-to-use and highly flexible back-office ERP software designed for companies operating in the apparel and textile industry.
The solution consolidates Polygon Software’s product lifecycle management (PLM) and ERP into a single system. Besides, it also blends production solutions and product development to ensure easy implementation and learning.
The PolyPM software enables users to integrate different aspects of product development, production, and supply chain processes.
It also facilitates seamless collaboration between apparel brands, manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers during the different stages of a product life cycle.
The business tool has helped clients reduce errors, control inventory costs, and deliver customer service while shortening delivery schedules.
It is a well-rounded solution that allows authorized users to keep tabs on costs, orders, inventory, production, and others areas.
- Company: Polygon Software
- Website: https://polypm.com/
- Founded in 1986
- Country of origin: United States of America
PolyPM Important Features
The software offers a fully integrated order processing system that takes care of everything right from order entry to invoicing.
Order processing features integrate inventory and manufacturing orders. PolyPM can also be used for point-of-sale (POS) order entry from either a sales facility or for mobile sales representatives.
PolyPM’s order processing features include:
- Order entry
- Order allocation
- Picking and packing tickets
- Raw material purchases
- Discounts and pricing
- Sales commissions
- Shipping and billing
- Sales analysis
- Customer service
The tool is extremely resourceful for inventory management. It enables efficient management of raw materials, work in process, and finished goods inventory.
Users can check the real-time status of their inventory and make informed decisions.
Inventory management features include:
- Inventory control
- Finished goods allocation
- Purchase order entry
- Inventory adjustments
- Work in process reporting
- Inventory reports
- Product histories
The purchase modules provided by PolyPM ERP allow users to purchase and receive finished goods or raw materials.
The tool provides users the flexibility to make purchases on the basis of their business model.
Manufacturers can use PolyPM to specify a BOM and purchase raw materials that are required to manufacture a product.
Distributors and those involved in the full-package business can leverage the features of this solution to issue purchase orders.
The platform is designed to help users save time and minimize waste. With this solution, users can streamline the manufacturing of goods as well as source them.
Purchase management features include:
- Purchase raw materials or finished goods
- Complete tracking of all purchasing transactions
- Email purchase orders direct to vendor
- Limit authority to issue purchasing orders
- Schedule multiple deliveries
- Receive material by purchase orders
- Import packing lists from vendors
- Real-time material resource planning system
- Scheduling and confirmation tracking
- Optional raw material barcoding tracking module
This feature allows users to plan and schedule production from a single planning screen.
With the production line view, users can utilize the planning board which provides them with critical data to streamline scheduling. The planning board allows users to peek into details related to manufacturing, product, sourcing, materials, and more.
The ultimate goal of the PolyPM Production Planning module is to ensure customer delivery requirements are met at minimum production costs.
The cut planning module allows users to create a marker plan to facilitate production. It can either be fully integrated with PolyPM ERP or used as a standalone application.
By turning to the cut planning module, businesses can store and maintain production data in a single database. This paves the way for smooth operation and minimizes errors.
Cut planning features include:
- Support for tubular goods
- Primary and secondary materials
- Minimize labor costs
- Automated spread plans creation
- Cut orders can be created automatically
- Seamless integration with work in process and material requirements
- Planned versus actual reports for materials
The tools provide support to all methods used to pack and ship orders such as sourced, inventory, pre-packs, and production.
PolyPM can be used to maintain allocation balance when there is a shortage of goods to fulfill the demand. The platform supports a wide spectrum of invoice and shipping reports.
- Optical scan and pack module
- Complete partial shipments
- Allocation of inventory directly from customer orders
- Pack various orders in a single container
- Integration of third-party scan and pack
- Integration of invoice data to accounting
- Generate unlimited invoice reports and packing lists
PolyPM Pros and Cons
- Amazing support service
- Versatility and flexibility
- Caters to niche requirements of businesses
- Easy access to the product developer
- Integration of inventory management with work orders
- Easy to link data from various departments
- Easy to customize
- Covers all aspects of a product life cycle
- Does not have an accounting module
- Needs more report templates
- Due to the large volume of data, the software can lag
- Alerts for incomplete developments and material pending
- Multiple levels of tasks in different menus
- Can be difficult to understand the data structures to build reports
PolyPM can be fully integrated with Polygon Software’s ERP and PLM suites.
It also integrates with third-party CRM, accounting, and HR applications such as:
- SAP Business One
- Microsoft Office
- Customer invoicing
- Inventory management
Free Trial – No
Free version – No
- Open API
- Live online
- Small-sized sewn goods manufacturers
- Medium-sized sewn goods manufacturers
- Pricing information has not been disclosed by the vendor
- Knowledge base
- Phone support
- 24/7 (live rep)
- Netsuite ERP
- Perfect Fit
- Lightspeed Retail
- Delogue PLM
- Heartland Retail
- QuickBooks Desktop